You might be surprised as to why people shop online. Here are the TOP 5 reasons why people shop online:
1. Convenience– Imagine being able to shop 24 hours a day from the comfort of your home or office. You never have to worry about store hours or crowded malls again.
2. Saves Time– Get EXACTLY what you want in 5 minutes or less when you shop online. Compare a few mouse clicks with having to get dressed, drive to the mall, find parking (good luck during Christmas holidays), go to the store and hope they have what you are looking for in stock AND in your size, line up to pay and head back home. Which scenario saves you more time?
3. Save Money – Many online merchants can give HUGE discounts because they don’t have to deal with the middle man and they can pass the savings on to you. Many online stores also offer FREE shipping that saves you even more money.
4. Comparison Shopping – You can now compare from different retailers to make sure you are getting the BEST deal for whatever you are shopping for. In a few clicks of the mouse you can get the BEST price and make your purchase.
5. Coupons & Savings – There are ALWAYS online coupons, savings, deals, rebates etc to attract customers and keep them coming back. On certain items you can save up to 90% compared with retail stores.
That's the why, so WHAT do people actually buy when they go online? Here is an excerpt from a 2007 Neilsen survey: